New to Mac and need a lot of help

Reaction score
Hello. I just got a g4 Mac for free from a family member. I don't know much about it. I have always wanted to try Mac but I'm a little confused right now so hopefully you genius can help me.

First off I know it's running leopard cause it's on 10.5.8. What I really want to do is just wipe it clean but I don't have a restore disk or the leopard disk. What would be the best way to go about wiping it clean.

Thanks

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
What would be the best way to go about wiping it clean.

Thanks

A soft, dry cloth. ;)

Seriously, need to pick up an OS disk -- make sure you get the Retail (Black Disk).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
Yep, the only way to wipe it clean is to buy an installation disk and start from scratch.

C

chas_m

Since Leopard CDs are incredibly hard to find (and you can't use anything newer) and expensive, let me suggest that you simply create a new, fresh admin account and then delete whatever old one may exist. There's no reason to wipe the HD -- that's Windows thinking ("reformatting solves everything!").

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.