Magic Mouse - lost its magic ...

Reaction score
In fact, it's lost everything! The little green light doesn't come on and it's dead. I know that it's not the batteries. I guess it's a gonner (out of warranty) but can anyone suggest anything?

I've read another post about people preferring the trackpad but I definitely prefer the magic mouse.

M

OP
M
Reaction score
Magic mouse ...

Well, there's a funny thing. I was just about to prise the mouse apart when I read a piece about how WIFI can affect it. I took the mouse out of the room and ... lo and behold ... the green light came blinking on again. I turned the WIFI off and on again but there was no apparent difference. Anyway, the mouse is now connected again and the WIFI is on, as before.

The only other thing I can add is that I'd recently tried it with rechargeable batteries. These didn't last for very long (but they could be tired). However, I'd already had standard AA batteries back in for a while when this fault occurred.

Anyway, I've got the standard batteries in and the magic mouse is again working its magic ... fingers crossed.

M

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
Moved to a more appropriate forum.

Your WiFi shouldn't have anything to do with your bluetooth Magic Mouse? At least it's working again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Give re-chargeables a miss, no doubt someone will strongly disagree with this. The best available batteries are Energizer Lithiums.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.