unable to download photos from iphone 4 to imac

Reaction score
Hi I dont know why I am getting this message, "Unreadable Files: The following files could not be imported (they may be an unrecognized file type or the files may not contain valid data)"

Images are jpg

Can see the photos perfectly on the iphone4. Even image capture will not import them. Why would they be damaged. I have downloaded from iphone to imac before with no problems. Phone is new and appears to be working perfectly.

Anyone with any ideas? Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
What method are you using to copy the photos to your Mac?

OP
W
Reaction score
Hi thanks for your response. As stated below I used image capture to download and also tried to import into iphoto?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well if they are photos you took with the iPhone's camera, you should see them in iPhoto and be able to import the ones you want.

If you've loaded the jpgs onto your iPhone via some other method, that could account for the Mac not recognizing the files. The only photos on my iPhone 4 were either taken with the phone's camera or were synced with my MBP.

OP
W
Reaction score
Exactly! Photos were taken on the iphone but as stated I am getting this message. This is why I have written in this forum to see if anyone else had developed this issue for no reason.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well, I've never encountered that message and I often sync photos taken on my iPhone 4 with my MBP.

If no one else is able to provide a fix for you, email all those photos from your iPhone to your Mac (save them from the emails to the Mac). Then plug in your iPhone and reset it to factory settings using iTunes. Then sync the iPhone with your Mac again to get all your music, apps, photos, etc. back onto the iPhone. That might reset/overcome whatever is causing that error. I don't know for sure, but like I said, it's a possible solution if no other surfaces.
All the best.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.