Problem with displaying Java swing UI frames in front of other open windows in Mac os

Reaction score
Hi,

I have my java application installed in Mac.It is basically added in LaunchAgents and uses lobo,swing and swt for GUI.Whenever the application displays a jdialog or any other UI component, it does not come infront of other windows.

I have tried with all the possible apis in swing like setVisible(true), toFront(), toBack(), setAlwaysOnTop etc.,But none of them display my jdialog or any swing component infront of other open windows.

Any help in this regard ASAP is highly appreciated.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
I'm not a Java expert so I may be way out in left field here.

Building on what's here, it seems like you might have to repaint the window in addition to calling it back to the front. I know that the example given there is for AWT but it's worth a shot.

I've also moved this to a more appropriate forum - this is a development question.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.