Double sided printing

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21.5 (2019)
I have an iMac with an OS of 10.6.8. My issue is with my printer, an HP Lasetjet P2015dn model. A duplex model.

Most of the time when printing the "double-sided" printing option is not available, but it will, on occasion be available and it does indeed work.

I'm trying to find out why the option is not always available and what I can do, if anything, to effect a change to fix this issue.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this message, I'll admit that I didn't do any searches for an HP forum. I might add that prior to my iMac I had a Windows XP machine, Dell as I recall, and the option for double-sided printing was always available.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Your post was moved here. It's not a topic for the "Switcher" forum.

As to your question.... Double sided printing or duplex printing is strictly a function of the printer and drivers supplied. However, even with the proper drivers installed if an application does not support it, duplex won't be available.

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21.5 (2019)
Your post was moved here. It's not a topic for the "Switcher" forum.

As to your question.... Double sided printing or duplex printing is strictly a function of the printer and drivers supplied. However, even with the proper drivers installed if an application does not support it, duplex won't be available.
OK, I missed the hardware area or it didn't register. Will take the time with future posts.

Duplex is certainly available from the printer. Just a few minutes ago I was able to print some material (duplex) from the internet, but was unable when I tried Word. I'll take a closer look at word's set-up.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Word 2008 and Word 2011 both support duplex printing if it's available for your printer. The only thing I can think of now is access the HP website and see if there are updated drivers for the printer.

I'm sure you've probably already gone through the various options available for the printer from its drop down dialog box that opens when you choose to print?

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21.5 (2019)
Word 2008 and Word 2011 both support duplex printing if it's available for your printer. The only thing I can think of now is access the HP website and see if there are updated drivers for the printer.

I'm sure you've probably already gone through the various options available for the printer from its drop down dialog box that opens when you choose to print?
Problem was operator error. Found & posted my question on the HP forum. Problem (me :Grimmace:) is solved.

Thanks!!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.