Bootcamp and windows 7

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
My first post here, I am running Windows 7 on Bootcamp and keep getting blue lines on the top of my screen, does anyone have any advice?
Thank you in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" 2015 MacBook Pro Retina / 15" 2010 MacBook Pro
What do you mean by getting blue lines on the top of your screen? Can you include a picture, perhaps, or something that would clarify that? Thank you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That's weird. I have a distorted video card on my older MacBook Pro yet I never got that. Does it happen on Mac OS as well or just on Windows?

OP
S
Reaction score
Just on the Windows side, they come and go and are really annoying!!! Don't know what it is!!!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Update your video drivers from within Windows 7. What you're experiencing is banding and that's usually caused by improper video drivers. We know the graphics chipset is OK because it runs fine in OS X.

OP
S
Reaction score
Update your video drivers from within Windows 7. What you're experiencing is banding and that's usually caused by improper video drivers. We know the graphics chipset is OK because it runs fine in OS X.

Thank you for your reply, how would I do that? I am not so good with computers!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If you tell us the year and model of your Mac, we can figure out which graphic chipset is installed and then direct you to a download site. In the meantime, however, use the Boot Camp control panel item in Windows 7 to run the Apple software update. The software update (has to be run from Windows) should download and install the latest drivers for you from Apple.

OP
S
Reaction score
My Mac was bought brand new, this year, it is a 2.8GHz intel core 17

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OK, thanks for posting back. The info you provided helps....

When you first ran the Boot Camp Assistant, it should have asked you to download a driver set from the Apple site and then burn it to a disk. Did you do that?

You have a late model Mac (so do I). Drivers are only available from Apple direct and of course the only version of Windows that can be installed is Windows 7. You need the driver set from Apple burned to a disk. Insert the disk while Windows 7 is running and it should install all the correct drivers for you automatically.

Let us know.

OP
S
Reaction score
Thank you so much for your advice, someone install Bootcamp for me and I don't recall a disk, however, am I able to get the driver set from Apple?
Thank you for your time.
Sue L

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Chscag already answered that question earlier. To quote him:
When you first ran the Boot Camp Assistant, it should have asked you to download a driver set from the Apple site and then burn it to a disk.

If you haven't done that, just insert your Mac OS DVD while running Windows, open it, and you'll find a Boot Camp folder which has a "setup" file inside it.

OP
S
Reaction score
Thank you so much for your help, I am getting there...
I have found the disc, run it, on the disc there are 3 options,
1, Remote install Mac os ox
2, DVD or CD Sharing
3, Bootcamp drivers.

I am running the Bootcamp drivers and it keeps saying " The installer encountered errors before Bootcamp could be configured, to retry these operations at a later date, please run the installer again".

When I re-run it, it just says the same!!!:Angry:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hmm.. that's weird. It should prompt to installing drivers, you'd accept, and then it'd ask you to restart when it is done.

I see that you're using an 2011 iMac with 2.8GHz. If so, I believe you can download and use one of these on Windows:

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1384

http://support.apple.com/downloads/DL1442/en_US/BootCamp_3.2_64-bit.exe

http://support.apple.com/downloads/DL1333/en_US/BootCamp_3.2_32-bit.exe

This one, however, says "Update" so I'm not sure whether it requires an earlier version of Boot Camp to be installed already. I'd give that a shot, anyway.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.