MacBook Pro chassis bent!

Reaction score
Hello!

My mid 2009 Macbook Pro's chassis is bent. I believe it is resting on 3 out of the 4 rubber feet on the bottom plate, the top left rubber pad, the top right and the lower right. The lower left pad doesn't touch the table unless I press on it with my left wrist.

As you can imagine it is quite annoying to type because it's natural to rest your hand on that area and I just keep moving the MacBook a lot.

Is there any way to fix this?

Thank you.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Is there any way to fix this?

Not really...other than trying to duplicate whatever happened that bent it out of shape in the first place (but do it in the opposite direction).

Other than that...just wedge some sheets of paper under the corner that doesn't make contact...just like you would with a "wobbly" table leg.

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP C2D 2.8 4GB OS X 10.8 | iPhone 5
You can put some pieces of paper under the front right foot and try to just use the computer and eventually it might bend back toward the right side and become even again. Or you can put paper under the front right foot and apply force to the top right and bottom left corners of the MB and see if you can slowly and carefully straighten it back out. This doesn't sound like too big of a deal unless it's really bad like you make it sound like.

- ImageX

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Maybe the OP's table is not flat...and the computer is fine!;)

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.