Word 2004 Slow

D

dae

Hi All,

This is my first time posting, though I have been reading for many months. About four months ago I switched to 12in Powerbook and have been very happy.

My first problem has been recently at work. I was editing a word file. It was about 14 pages long with everything in tables and headers and footers on every page, so it was not a very small file. I was editing information in the file, and my powerbook was extremely slow. I would type things in and have to wait for the colorful ball to spin till anything happened. My co-worker was also editing the file on her 2 year old dell and it zoomed right through it. This has been happening for a few days.

Any thoughts on why my PB was so slow would be greatly appreciated. I have never had problems with any other word document.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook C2D 2.4 2GB
Try disabling some of the WYSIWYG options in, the ones related to the font menu. In my opinion the Office version for Mac is more "graphical" than the Windows version, so it might be using more RAM.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, 14'', 1.33 Ghz, 60gig, 768ram, Mac OsX 10.4.3
microsoft word takes a lot time to open in my ibook... its kinda annoying
on my pc, it's just within seconds

OP
L

lil

I don't ever notice Word 2004 (or any of the other Office 2004 apps) to be slow on my 12" PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz).

I have 768MB and often have Painter IX, Photoshop 7 and Word 2004 on the go and all working very smoothly indeed.

I tend to use Word 5 however on my 8500 for any documents of my own, although I am slowly warming to perhaps using 2004 more in the future...

it also loads in a few seconds here - if it's been run once already in a session, couple of seconds it takes to load, or about 5 seconds otherwise.

Vicky :flower:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.