safari help PLEASE

Reaction score
My safari browser opens no problem, but when i type in a link, and then wait for it to load, it takes FOREVERRR and its really annoying... the address bar line fills with the blue loading thing about 10% from the left... and it takes literally like 8-10 minutes sometimes.

It is not the router, internet connection, or my ISP because i have no problems on the other 3 computers in my house...

please help,

thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Hi and welcome to the forums.

Try this.
Quit safari
Open Finder then to Go in the menu bar. Now press Option and you will see yourLibrary appear in the drop down. Now click that and Finder will now show the hidden Library Folder. Goto Preferences and look for or type in the spotlight bar com.apple.safari.plist
Now drag that to your Desktop.
Relaunch Safari and a new .plist will be made within the Preferences folder and hopefully that has solved the problem.
If not Find the new Safari.plist drag it to the trash and replace it with the old one from the desktop.
Then post back here and we will look into it more.

HTH

Cheers

OP
S
Reaction score
thanksss

Hi and welcome to the forums.

Try this.
Quit safari
Open Finder then to Go in the menu bar. Now press Option and you will see yourLibrary appear in the drop down. Now click that and Finder will now show the hidden Library Folder. Goto Preferences and look for or type in the spotlight bar com.apple.safari.plist
Now drag that to your Desktop.
Relaunch Safari and a new .plist will be made within the Preferences folder and hopefully that has solved the problem.
If not Find the new Safari.plist drag it to the trash and replace it with the old one from the desktop.
Then post back here and we will look into it more.

HTH

Cheers

thank you so much! it worked! now i have to leave that file on my desktop??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
thank you so much! it worked! now i have to leave that file on my desktop??

Nah drag it to the trash and empty the trash.
Glad i could help

Cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.