help! battery wont charge anymore!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP core 2 duo 15.4"
the light stays green, even though the battery is @ 95% and going down, i have it shut down right now and am using PC, and everytime i power up it just says "Calculating" instead of the usual "On ac power" and it wont recharge! whats wrong!

also, might i add, its not even 2 weeks old

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac g4 400mhz, 10gb, 256mb ram, OS9
Your ibook may just be trying to prolong the battary life. It may show anything from 95-100% and that is safe. If it goes below 95% bring it in. There is an article on the apple site somewhre, but i cant seem to find it today. it should explain the whole thing. if you live near an apple store, bring it in and talk to one of the genuis mac salespeople. They can explain in detail if it is your laptop, or just the battery trying to prolong its life.

and GOOD LUCK :)

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
Try resetting the PMU. Turn off the computer. Press option + ctrl + shift and then the power button. Hold down them all for 5 seconds. Now turn on the computer. Hope that helps.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP core 2 duo 15.4"
ok good deal, there is a mall with a mac store not but 15 miles from me, unfortunatly i have to take the bus, so its a 1 hour drive, but ill get there in next couple of weeks to check to make sure, it has the standard 1 year warranty, so if it is bust, can they just give me a new battery there? or what. thanks! (right now its @ 94% :( :eek:neye: :eek:neye: :eek:neye:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
you do have a warranty if you bought it new 2 weeks ago, try to make it to the store asap

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP core 2 duo 15.4"
will do, if its just doing some weird battery thing and it will be fine, i dont care, but if my battery life is decreasing, ill be WICKED pissed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67 ghz Powerbook 15.2 inch screen 1 gig ram
if it just stops at 94 and doest move you should be ok....

my battery usually stays around 96...but then recharges to 100 sometimes. it does this to perserve the battery

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.