Question b4 upgrading to lion

Reaction score
If i have Microsoft office would i have to install it again? or does it appear again on my doc

and second question

i want to back up my mac pro so when i was trying to back it up to my WD external drive it said i need to format it to mac specs.. if i choose to format it will i loose everything on my WD and will i be able to use my WD at a future date if i wanted to take files from one pc to another

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Reformatting the external will lose everything. When you set it up, it should have been formatted to Mac OS Extended (Journalled) and partition to GUID. Depends what version of Office you are running. Office 2011 no problem, Office 2008 an update was released last week to make it compatible with Lion, earlier give it a miss.

Tell me with a Mac Pro why are you bothering with an external drive? Pop the drive in positions 2-4 unless they are all occupied, and back up I will be and cloning times improved dramatically as not even Firewiree 800 can do the job anywhere near the speed of SATA II.

OP
A
Reaction score
well i barely used it the only reason i use it is when i work on my gf computer and need to transfer files i copy and paste, or lol when my friends have new music or movies i transfer it that way....lol
i have the new office 2011 just bought it.

OP
A
Reaction score
ohh another question, backing up with time machine is that good way to back up?? not to many options on what to back up

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Well guess it depends on what you want backed up. Personally prefer to have a bootable copy of the operating system, and all files, so use SuperDuper to clone the drive. CarbobCopyCloner is similar.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.