what have i broken here?

Reaction score
Hi

Been using the forum as viewer for some time but this is first post!

My iphone 3G seems to have been physically developed (no idea how it happened). I am attaching a picture which shows the grey lines that appear at the bottom left of the screen. The marks are not visible when phone is in sleep, so it appears that the touch screen is not damanged.

The "cracks" also seem to grown horizontly, as when i first noticed it three days ago, it was smaller but it is "longer" now.

What have i broken here? is it the LCD screen? if thats the case then can i buy a replacement off ebay and replace it myself. Phone is 3 years old and am not too keen on donating £100 to apple to fix a problem if it is not absolutely necessary.

Attachments

• 2011-09-21 17.02.31.jpeg
    2011-09-21 17.02.31.jpeg
    170 KB · Views: 38
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook 13"- Late 2009, 2.26GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, 250GB HDD running OSX 10.7
Try taking it into an Apple store. The worst they are going to say is you will have to pay to get it fixed. The best is that they may replace it.
Also does it appear if you take a screen shot?

OP
X
Reaction score
Try taking it into an Apple store. The worst they are going to say is you will have to pay to get it fixed. The best is that they may replace it.
Also does it appear if you take a screen shot?

no it doesnt appear in a screenshot! i thought that once warranty is over appley would charge you for everything!

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
no it doesnt appear in a screenshot! i thought that once warranty is over appley would charge you for everything!

It doesn't hurt to ask . . . they may and then again they may not. Worth a shot.

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
if it isnt appearing in a screenshot then my best guess is a few lines of dead pixels. if its still in warranty they should replace it for free.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 13.3 Macbook Pro, 2.3ghz i5, 4g DDR3, 320gb hdd, iPhone 4s 32gb White, iPad 2 16gb Wifi White
They are dead pixels and as long as there isn't any extreme noticeable cosmetic damage and its still under warranty they will replace the whole phone free of charge.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.