Programming tools on Mac

S

sugoruyo

Hi folks.

I'd like some advice.

First off I want to say I need to figure out why XCode won't install on my system. I have a MacMini which came with Panther pre-installed.
I then installed Tiger and tried to install XCode from the Tiger dvd. It then complained about me not running Panther (and that it's version is for panther).
So I dl the stuff from ADC which says it's for Tiger and they return the same message.

What is going on? Can someone help me?

Also I'd like to ask if there's something like Scite on the Mac.
For those that are not familiar with Scite I'll note it's a general purpose developer oriented text editor. That is it can handle syntax highlighting for many languages not just one and is a pretty good editor for working on non-IDE environment.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Try BBEdit.. that's what I use and way back in the day before OS X, programmers used to say that BBEdit was THE reason to get a Mac, and it has only gotten better since then :)

OP
L

lil

Murlyn said:
Try BBEdit.. that's what I use and way back in the day before OS X, programmers used to say that BBEdit was THE reason to get a Mac, and it has only gotten better since then :)

I use TextWrangler which is free, is made by the same company and does syntax highlighting, fast scrolling - all an all round excellent text editor.

I'll answer the other questions very shortly!

Vicky :flower:

OP
S

sugoruyo

XCode tools problem fixed.

SubEhtaEdit is cool. Although I don't have anyone to collab with :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.