Remote access windows 7 from mac book pro?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Did you go to the LINK that was provided above? There is a free version of Logmein that you can download.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3
True, but the Mac version does not run as a service.

Reaction score
You should check your information first before your erroneous reply....avoids confusion :Cool:

TeamViewer Download

"TeamViewer Host is running as a system service and is used for 24/7 access to remote computers...."

I've also installed this offering as a service on both OS X and Win 7, btw :Cool:

True, but the Mac version does not run as a service.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
I have installed remote desktop connection. Can some one help me please.
You're going to have to be much more specific than this. What do you need help with? What have you done? Did you encounter any errors? What kind of network setup do you have?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3
Touche'

I've been a licensed user of Teamviewer 3, 4 and now 5. I wasn't even aware that v6 was out. Which would be the first version supporting an OS X host.

Unfortunately our business license is via Citrix so if I try to run the Mac version it recognizes that I've run the paid version from my IP and kicks me out every five minutes. Not practical. Probably why I haven't bothered with it.

Good to know there is a host for Mac as well as the Manager.

Reaction score
It's all good in the hood, just wanted to help the OP out. More info on his situation would help though.... :Cool:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro (2019) 3.3 ghz 12-Core 96GB mem Vega Pro II
I have no problems connecting to a Windows 7 Machine from Remote Desktop on my MacPro. Just need a little more information. Is the Windows 7 machine part of a Domain or is it just on the same wireless or wired connection?

OP
M
Reaction score
It's all good in the hood, just wanted to help the OP out. More info on his situation would help though....

I just solved the problem turns out I was using "IPv4 subnet mask" instead of "IPv4 address"

Thanks for everybody's advice.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.