"Use UNC path from Active Directory" not opening the entire path

Reaction score
Hello all, first post - I'm hoping someone might be able to help me track down some unexpected behavior I've encountered in Lion and previously in Snow Leopard.

I've got my Lion and Snow Leopard Macs bound to an Active Directory domain which seems to work great, and in the Directory Utility I have "Use UNC path from Active Directory to derive network home location" checked. The path for the users in AD is \\StorageServer\users\jjw3579.

For some reason, when I log in the drive that gets mapped is \\StorageServer\users, not the actual user directory.

Anyone know why it seems to ignore the last part of the path?

OP
J
Reaction score
Replying to my own post in case it helps someone

I figured out what is going on here.. I had expected the users network share to be mapped/mounted in lieu of mobile account syncing, but instead what it is doing is mounting the /Users directory on the server *for* mobile account syncing. It's just that I can see it there because I have Finder set to show external drives.

I worked out the functionality I'm looking for, mapping user's shares at login, using a login hook and script.

Thanks everyone.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.