Touch Screen iMac

iNB

Reaction score
Having read a previous thead about a rumour regarding a touch screen iMac, it got me wondering as to whether or not I'd consider it.

I think touch screen is great for phones and other devices like the iPad, but does it really suit the needs of a desktop computer?

I can think of pros and cons, but the thing that would really annoy me is the finger prints and smudges and having a dirty screen. I hate my iMac's screen being dirty!

Would you consider buying one?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2 i7 + MacBook 2.2 Duo 2 (late 2007) + ATV2 + T/C-2Tb + iPhone4 + iPad2 (64gb wifi)
err, no i wouldn't and i agree with your comments regarding the smudges and dirty screen. well, not unless it dispensed cash at the same time....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
Absolutely not. It will never happen. It sounds like a good idea, but the reality is that your arm/shoulder would cramp up within the first 5 minutes of use. Touchscreens only work on handheld devices because you can hold them with your arm in a resting position.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2 i7 + MacBook 2.2 Duo 2 (late 2007) + ATV2 + T/C-2Tb + iPhone4 + iPad2 (64gb wifi)
in fact, isn't that what the ipad was designed for. (big touch screen dou dar thing) :\

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2015 27" iMac, 3.3ghz, M395 gpu, 2tb Fusion, 8gb
I already have a touch screen laptop, or at least that's what it looks like after a day of use.

I can't imagine a desktop or laptop that has fingerprints all over it all the time.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.