Mail Client Help!

Reaction score
Hello friends,
I am using the Mail client apple has preloaded on their systems and it has been working great with my Gmail account so far. Recently, my university switched over to the gmail service and I would like to add this account onto my mail client too, i just cannot seem to figure out how. the email is [email protected] but i am just not sure what to put down in the fields when it asks for; Account type; incoming mail server, or user name. I am pretty green to all of this and I'm not sure what any of it means so any advice or trouble shooting would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
Eric M Goetsch

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
All of that info would be provided by the university.

edit: According to the info they have here, that mail service may only allow web browser access. But, you really need to ask them. They're not providing any info on setting up that google apps service with any sort of mail application even for Windows.

edit2:
Have to keep reading on that page - here's a link they provided to setup your Mail in 3rd party apps.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.