Cannt customise toolbar office 2011 for mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.4ghz i5, iPad 2 32gb
Hi I am having a problem in the fact that I cannot in any way customise the toolbar in outlook for mac 2011. When i bring up the customise toolbar menu (pictured in the link below) nothing is clickable, you cannot enter any text into the search boxes and I cannot drag anything into the menus. Can anyone explain this to me? I have used Outlook on Windows for 10 years and I have never come across this before as I am a new Mac user.

https://skitch.com/dennyc123/f4c46/microsoft-outlook

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Moved to correct forum, "OS X - Apps and Games".

It works for me. How exactly are you going about it? I can either right click on the toolbar or from the View menu select "Customize Toolbars & Menu". From there a dialog opens where I can select the category and drag items or a complete toolbar.

As a test, see if you can alter the toolbar in Word doing the same thing.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Moved to correct forum, "OS X - Apps and Games".

It works for me. How exactly are you going about it? I can either right click on the toolbar or from the View menu select "Customize Toolbars & Menu". From there a dialog opens where I can select the category and drag items or a complete toolbar.

As a test, see if you can alter the toolbar in Word doing the same thing.

I just did it on Word and it DOES work there, just not on outlook. I get no dialog box like i did on Word, just the box you see in the link above, and all i can do from there is drag one of those first row of icons to the toolbar and back.

Basically on word 2010 on windows i had the ribbon hidden, the toolbar showing with just my favourite commands, delete/send/forward/reply/print and thats all i needed, the list of so called 'favourites' i am allowed to use at present dosent really reflect what my favourites are etc.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
oh and when i go into View in Outlook I dont get Customize Toolbars & Menu i get just customize toolbars... and thats it. Is that right?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.