Very cheap Vertex SSD drives

Reaction score
Hi all,

I recently stumbled across this website that seem to be selling extremely cheap SSD drives. Most notably they are selling OCZ Vertex 3 for £51 (60gb), £84 (120gb) or £174 (240gb). Also selling the Agility 3 for £139 (240gb), and the Crucial M4 for £139 (256gb). All of these come with 3 year warranty included, and option to extend.

Does this seem a bit to good to be true? I'm looking at SSDs, and they're selling the 120gb Vertex 3 for less than I can find the 60gb for with any other retailer. Has anybody used them? If they're legit, then I'm going to bite their hand off, unless anybody has any words of caution...

Cheers,
Ed

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
I would say if you would like to take the "chance" of possibly saving (or losing) a few pounds by ordering from an offshore dropshipper located in Cyprus - go for it. We're really not interested in giving them free rise in their google rankings here.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Hi all,

I recently stumbled across this website that seem to be selling extremely cheap SSD drives. Most notably they are selling OCZ Vertex 3 for £51 (60gb), £84 (120gb) or £174 (240gb). Also selling the Agility 3 for £139 (240gb), and the Crucial M4 for £139 (256gb). All of these come with 3 year warranty included, and option to extend.

Does this seem a bit to good to be true? I'm looking at SSDs, and they're selling the 120gb Vertex 3 for less than I can find the 60gb for with any other retailer. Has anybody used them? If they're legit, then I'm going to bite their hand off, unless anybody has any words of caution...

Cheers,
Ed

I am not at all familiar with the market outside the US, but what I have seen is US prices tend to be a little cheaper, and those prices are significantly cheaper than OWC (one of the MacForum usual reccomended sources).
OWC Mercury Extreme Pro Solid State Drive (SSD) Solutions - High Performance, Reliability, and Endurance

In general, if it seems too cheap there is a reason. Without a reccomendation from someone credible who has dealt with them and the product received, I would give it a miss.
My opinion FWIW

EDIT: I can see I typed too slowly and Bob beat me to a response. His is more concise anyway. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.