Will it be powerful enough

Reaction score
I am studying Graphic design and want to move to a mac. Unfortunately I won't be able to afford a new one so am looking a refurbished older macbook pros. i am looking to buy a 15" Macbook Pro with 4gb ram, Core 2 2.4 Ghz and large hard drive. Will this age of laptop run Adobe CS5 well and Lion?

J

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
Core 2 Duo CPU? then itll run Lion. itll be great for CS5.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I am studying Graphic design and want to move to a mac. Unfortunately I won't be able to afford a new one so am looking a refurbished older macbook pros.

Are you talking "Apple Refurbished"...or some other vendors "refurbished"?

Personally I don't trust anyone other than Apple's "refurbished"...especially since Apple refurbished computers also come with 12 months of Applecare.

HTH,

- Nick

C

chas_m

Adobe's CS5 suite IS DESIGNED for the MacBook Pro and iMac Core2Duo line and the default video card that comes with it. Presuming you load up on third-party RAM and don't use your boot drive as a scratch disk, you should get GREAT performance out of it.

As for Lion, I'm running a 2007 MacBook (not Pro) and I'm **LOVING** Lion, so hopefully there's your answer (but to stress: max RAM, leave a LOT of free space available on boot drive at all times for best performance).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.