CandyBar 2 Question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 20", 250gb, 512mb, Airport/Bluetooth, wireless kb+mouse
Hi all. I've been enjoying customizing my Mac and am now interested in fooling around with CandyBar. I downloaded the free trial. My main question is that I'm confused on how to actually go about changing the icons. I downloaded a set off iconfactory.com but was unable to open it. CandyBar was not one of the options to open the file either.

So, if anyone familiar with CandyBar could please help me out I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

-Taylor

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Flat Panel iMac -15" 1.5GHz, 80GB HDD, 128MB ATI video card, 1GB RAM- PowerBook
Honestly, I would suggest you try Pixadex from here: http://www.iconfactory.com/px_home.asp . IMO, it makes it easier to change one icon or a whole set of icons, where Candybar kind of confused me also.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I gave up on icon-factory a long time ago. I started using Xicons.com. better sets, icons you can manually use any way you want. For those icons, just drag the icon you want onto the Candybar icon window you want to change. When your ready to go, just click the button on the bottom right, and it will change the icons for you. Doesn't get much easier than that.....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Flat Panel iMac -15" 1.5GHz, 80GB HDD, 128MB ATI video card, 1GB RAM- PowerBook
Would you mind posting a link to Xicons? I tried a google search and found this http://www.steve.org.uk/Software/xicons/ but that is the Linux build that I can't/don't know how to install on my Mac. I would like to try this Xicons.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah, I already found that, but that is just for downloading icons, I thought baggss was talking about a program/application for applying icons called Xicons since I was talking about Pixadex. I thought too far into it is all.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.