iPhoto- Will not launch!!

Reaction score
Hello again all:

I recently upgraded my operating system from Tiger 10.4.1 to Leopard 10.5 and then updated to 10.5.8 (ran back-up to external drive before upgrading)

When I try to launch iPhoto I get a pop up that says: You cannot use this version of the application iPhoto.app with this version of MAC OS X.

I have ran updates and my software is up to date and iTunes launches and is fine.

How can I get my iPhoto to launch again on this operating system?

I have all the original install disc that came with the system about seven years ago. (iLife '04) Do I have to upgrade to a later version of iLife? Any cost involved? Thanks

iMAC Power PC G4 20" flat panel. Thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I have all the original install disc that came with the system about seven years ago. (iLife '04) Do I have to upgrade to a later version of iLife? Any cost involved? Thanks

Yes you need to upgrade to iLife08 which is the version that shipped with Leopard. You can also buy the newer versions from the App store but you need Snow Leopard 10.6.6 in order to access the App store. Otherwise you can order from Amazon. Check out what they have here.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Hello again all:

I recently upgraded my operating system from Tiger 10.4.1 to Leopard 10.5 and then updated to 10.5.8 (ran back-up to external drive before upgrading)

When I try to launch iPhoto I get a pop up that says: You cannot use this version of the application iPhoto.app with this version of MAC OS X.

I have ran updates and my software is up to date and iTunes launches and is fine.

How can I get my iPhoto to launch again on this operating system?

iMAC Power PC G4 20" flat panel. Thanks

Also, be aware that your machine will not run Snow Leopard. OS X 10.6 and higher will only run on Intel Macs.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.