Browser printing crashes in Admin account but not other accounts

Reaction score
Whenever I attempt to print from ANY browser (Safari, Chrome, Firefox) from my Administrator account , the browser crashes immediately. However, I can print with no problem from a Guest or a second admin test account I created.

I'm running OSX Lion (clean install) on a MacPro.

I've repaired permissions several times.
I've run terminal commands to detect corrupt plist files. Nothing found.
I've deleted and reinstalled the printer and reset the printing system a dozen times. No change.
I've deleted the printing plist file from my Library folder. No change.

So how can I find out what's causing the crashes in the Admin account but not other accounts? Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated :)

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Am assuming that's the only thing that crashes when printing? Printing works properly from all other apps? If so, I'd be looking at disabling (or temporarily removing) all extensions/plugins in your browsers. Seems odd that it would occur with every browser, but I guess it's possible if you keep them all up to date with similar or the same addons.

OP
S
Reaction score
Yes, I can print from other apps. Here's what I got from a crash report:

PlugIn Path: /Library/Printers/Canon/UFR2/PDEs/SpecialFeaturesPDE.plugin/Contents/MacOS/SpecialFeaturesPDE
PlugIn Identifier: jp.co.canon.MCDUFR2.PDEs.SpecialFeatures
PlugIn Version: 2.25 (2.25)

Any idea how to disable this plugin?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Have tried creating a new admin account since you said it works in guest I suspect the problem may be your admin account.

OP
S
Reaction score
Have tried creating a new admin account since you said it works in guest I suspect the problem may be your admin account.

Yep, and the question is, how do I trace the source of this problem in my admin account? Any ideas on troubleshooting a problem like this?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.