Macbook 13 inch stopped working

Reaction score
Hi ,yesterday I fell asleep with my Macbook on my bed and I think the battery drained completely. The laptop will not come on at all, and it will not charge.(the light doesn't even come on the charger)

Could this be a problem with the battery?Could the battery have completely drained? Or could this be another problem?

I got the laptop new for my birthday in April 2010. I know it's not good to have the laptop on soft surfaces too often because of it heating up to high temperatures, but it was a bad habit.I will try my best to use a desk or buy one of those desk things for my bed.

If I take it to the Apple store to have the battery replaced, can one of the employees replace it in front of me without having the laptop stay at the repair shop for days?

I have to bring my laptop to school, I'm wondering if it takes the people at the Apple store a long time to replace a battery. Or can it be fixed in one day?

If anyone else had this problem please share your experience

thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Make sure you have the technician (genius) at the Apple store test the battery and charging circuit first before replacing the battery. Also take along your MagSafe charger adapter unit with you when you go so they can test that too.

Changing out a battery if everything else is OK is a quick procedure and you should be able to wait for it. Be prepared to pay over $100 for a new battery from Apple.

Reaction score
I imagine the macbook would never drain the battery down to zero (it would shut off when the voltage drops below a certain value, fairly close to nominal voltage). The only way to drain it completely is to leave the book off for many months. Try taking the battery out and putting it back in, then plug the charger in again.

OP
T
Reaction score
thanks so much for your replies! I will bring my charger with me to make sure.
@saurongt I'll have one of the people who work there take out the battery and put it back in and see what happens

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.