using iPad with iMac video editing

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
n/a
Hello, I have a 24" iMac running Snow Leopard with a 2TB HD and am going to buy an iPad2 next week. My questions are;

1. Can I edit movies on the ipad and access and store the footage on my iMac, basically using it as a server wirelessly?
2. I bought iMovie 2011 9.02 from the App store for my iMac. Will i have to buy it again for the iPad?

I know you can use iMovie on the iPad but was just concerned that 16gb will be soon used up whilst editing.
Thanks for reading.
Craig

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
If you're desperate to edit on the iPad while connected to the iMac via network just use something like Splashtop Desktop/logmein/teamviewer etc and remote desktop.

Seems like an odd thing to do given that you'd have to be near the iMac to network anyway.... why not just use the iMac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5 iMac 3.06 ghz 12gb ram 500g HD iPad 2 16G
iMovie for Mac and the iPad share the same name but are entirely different programs unique to their respective hardware/platforms....

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
n/a
OK thanks guys.
My idea, albeit flawed, was to edit video when in bed or in the garden!! lol
then just upload my results to the iMac when its full.

So can I watch movies and listen to music on the iPad which is stored on the imac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5 iMac 3.06 ghz 12gb ram 500g HD iPad 2 16G

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.