Two Part Question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz, Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB DDR2 Memory, 120 GB hard drive
I'm sure the upcoming first question has been asked before:

1) How do I attach an attachment through Gmail on my ipad?

2) I recently purchased "pages" and made some documents but can't figure out how to transfer them to my ipod touch?

If somebody can help me out, it'd be greatly appreciated.

C

chas_m

1. You add your GMail account to the iPad's Mail program.

2. ASSUMING both your iPad and your iPod Touch have the Pages program on them, two ways:

a. Sync the iPad (which I assume has the documents) to iTunes. Then sync the iPod Touch to iTunes, specifying that you want the Pages documents on there.

b. Email the Pages document to yourself, and pick up the email on the iPod Touch.

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz, Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB DDR2 Memory, 120 GB hard drive
I couldn't attach the pages documents through gmail on my ipad.

C

chas_m

Yes, that's correct. Repeat: add your GMail account to the iPad's Mail program. Stop trying to access GMail through the web browser.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Even if you have your gmail account added to the iOS client you can't 'attach' in the way you can in a regular email client or web-based client. The 'attaching' process has to be handled by another app or whatever you're attaching has to be able to capable of copy-and-paste (like a photo etc).

But once you've added the gmail account to the iOS client you can email direct from Pages (which starts a new email with the document pre-attached.

C

chas_m

Thanks to mrplow for clarifying the part I was stupidly omitting from my post. It's so automatic I didn't even think about it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.