Remote Desktop

Reaction score
I travel frequently and would like to access my iMac from my iPad remotely over the internet. Is there an app that will allow me to do this? I would like full functionallity to organize and delete my music in itunes and pictures in iphoto. I have tons of music and pictures that i would like to delete and would like to do this during travel instead of spending quality time at home in front of a computer. I recently bought MacKeeper which helped a lot, however it does not delete duplicates in iPhoto. Please Help!

C

chas_m

MacKeeper = junk. Do a search on this forum.

Yes, you can remotely log into your Mac over the internet. There is LogMeIn Ignition for the iPad, and probably several other programs along those lines.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
GET RID OF MACKEEPER before you do anything else. As chas wrote do a search and you will see the untold problems that MacKeeper does to a Mac . . .
Im not one for telling people what to do, but i do when it comes to that *expletive* piece of code, i have to step in. Heed the warnings and take the advice.

Cheers

OP
V
Reaction score
GET RID OF MACKEEPER before you do anything else. As chas wrote do a search and you will see the untold problems that MacKeeper does to a Mac . . .
Im not one for telling people what to do, but i do when it comes to that *expletive* piece of code, i have to step in. Heed the warnings and take the advice.

Cheers

Should I just uninstall? What kind of untold problems? I haven't had it very long and only used it so far to delete duplicates on my computer. I'm not the computer savy type, so I hope I havent screwed something up. I just want a tool to help me delete all the duplicates in itunes and iphoto.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Go back to the MacKeeper .pkg and there should be a uninstaller from what i have read. Use that if its there. If not then drag it to the trash, empty trash, run repairs on the HD via Disk Utility. Once thats done sign out then back in.

Cheers

EDIT : Just found this App MacKeeper Uninstaller
http://www.fixkb.com/downloads#MacKeeper%20Uninstall.
Try this if no uninstaller in the .pkg bc MacKeeper puts little files everywhere and just dragging to trash won't find them.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.