Error when i try to install OS

Reaction score
Hello
My girlfriends mac went down few months ago , ive tryied to rebuild the harddisk with diskwarrior 4 but when I try to rebuild it it says
'' The directory of the disk '' ... '' cannot be rebuilt - The disk is still in use. Quit all other applications or restart from the diskwarrior disc and then try rebuilding again. If you report this error please mention the error code ( 2153, 4903 )

I cant enter my mac it stops at Flashing Question Mark with Folder without the diskwarror

Anyone know whats wrong and what can be done ?

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Hello
My girlfriends mac went down few months ago , ive tryied to rebuild the harddisk with diskwarrior 4 but when I try to rebuild it it says
'' The directory of the disk '' ... '' cannot be rebuilt - The disk is still in use. Quit all other applications or restart from the diskwarrior disc and then try rebuilding again. If you report this error please mention the error code ( 2153, 4903 )

I cant enter my mac it stops at Flashing Question Mark with Folder without the diskwarror

Anyone know whats wrong and what can be done ?

It seems that the Hard Drive is bad and will have to be replaced.

Did you try booting from the OS disk and using Disk Utility to reformat and then reinstall the OS?

OP
D
Reaction score
Hello and thanks for the answer.
Yes I did try to boot from the OS disk , the drive is red ? Does that mean that the drive is broken ? And what kinda drives can i replace it with ?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
That question can't be answered without telling us what Mac she has.

OP
D
Reaction score
Ah sorry , She has a macbook , not the pro but just the normal. Its a bit old since the OS she got is tiger.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.