buying a used macbook pro off of craigslist HELP

Reaction score
Hi tomorrow I will be going to look at a used macbook pro near my area. I found the add on craigslist and this is the description on the page:

This macbook pro has been professionally refurbished by apple with a brand new logic board.they also ran all test and passed. macbook pro 17in running windows 7 ultimate on paralelles.loaded with osx10.6 snow leopard.also has all the software as seen in pics.this laptop is mint condition I would give it a 9.5 out of 10 .glossy lcd is very nice 1920x 1200 .I ran this for a long time and it ran perfect and fast.auction includes ac adapter and apple OEM battery that holds great charge.as with all my auctions no warranty and no returns.buyer should love this laptop.use thx.Hard drive is brand new

I know NOTHING about macs. I've always had a dell. PLEASE tell me if this is a good deal. and also, tips to know whether or not it will be a good purchase.
erikalacey is online now Report Post

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" 2.5 Ghz i5 with 16GB of RAM and a 1TB SSD.
It seems to me to be a good purchase. Tell the seller to install "Coconut Battery" it is free, and it will tell you exactly how much charge the battery can hold. I would also ask what year the Macbook Pro is, and if you can, stop by and use it real quick before a finalized purchase. You don't want to get ripped off!

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
PLEASE tell me if this is a good deal.

There's absolutely no way to say if this is a good deal or not...you didn't tell us the price.:(

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
And make sure you get the system and Parallels install discs. Further it is still second hand as the wording states it was purchased as a refurbished model from Apple. Ask for a three month warranty.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.