Trackpad, mouse or both?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21.5 2011, i5 Quad-core, 4GB RAM, 1TB, ATi 512MB
I was just wondering how many people use a trackpad over a mouse or use both. Going to be getting a trackpad, did it replace your mouse when you got one?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
Funny thing is that I use a magic trackpad 100% of the time at home, but always use the magic mouse while out with the laptop. I find myself gesturing more at home.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21.5 2011, i5 Quad-core, 4GB RAM, 1TB, ATi 512MB
Lol I thought it would be the other way round. Would you say it's easy to use? As it looks a bit awkward =s. Do u find it slower than using the mouse?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
Lol I thought it would be the other way round. Would you say it's easy to use? As it looks a bit awkward =s. Do u find it slower than using the mouse?

Extremely easy to use. I love this thing and wouldn't trade it for anything at this point. I am just as fast if not faster on this than I am with a regular mouse.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Other than keeping a wired mouse for troubleshooting and system restore, I have used my last mouse.
Bought the Magic Trackpad and it is absolutely great!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
+1 for Trackpad too. The thing is awesome, I revert to a mouse only when it's batteries die and I have to charge new ones.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13in rMBP 2014 Yosemite
Agreed with razor and Kev,
I am a standard user and I sold the Magic Mouse that came with my iMac, bought the Trackpad and haven't looked back. I have a USB mouse somewhere in the closet. It is so simple to use my four year old uses it every time she wants to play PBS/Disney games online. AND it doesn't fall off the desk (like the MM).
gl

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.