Iphoto upgrade?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.4Ghz, ipod classic 160gb, iphone4 16gb, imac g4, ipod 2nd gen 40gb
Ok, this may be a stupid question. I'm just wary because of a previous mess.

I am currently running iPhoto '08 (7.1.5), and looking at purchasing iPhoto '11 (9.1.5), on the app store.

Will this be a straightforward transition from '08 to '11?
i.e all folders albums kept in order.

Any advice appreciated.

JB

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
After install, on first launch, it'll rebuild your database. It should be seamless, other than taking a while (depending on the size of your database). That said I'd make sure I had a good backup first, as always.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.4Ghz, ipod classic 160gb, iphone4 16gb, imac g4, ipod 2nd gen 40gb
Thanks, I'll try it soon.

Reaction score
I have Early 2006 Intel iMac and iPhoto 9.1.5 won't

run on my machine. I purchased through Mac App Store and they don't have any further uodates available. I have placed one call already to support since it's within 90 days of purchase. They told me to delete cache basically. It let me open the program, but I can't load anything from my camara - beachball all day long!

Reaction score
i'm in the same situation...mac has been running slow, the store says its because i've surpassed the limitations of iphoto with 80K pictures...they suggested getting Apature...not sure..help

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.