Common problem-MBP scared to buy upgrade imminent?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i7 2.93ghz iMac
Nothing new here I suppose but there seems to be continuing rumours of the MacBook Pro range being updated before the year end.

I was just about to buy a new 15" but since this something of a spoilt choice in that I own a lovely iMac from last year I have more fear about this than normal.

Of course you need to jump in at some time but I'm think imagine I hold to November I will be think a range upgrade is even more imminent.

Bugger,bugger, bugger.

Advice for an impatient fan boy please.

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
Nothing new here I suppose but there seems to be continuing rumours of the MacBook Pro range being updated before the year end.

I was just about to buy a new 15" but since this something of a spoilt choice in that I own a lovely iMac from last year I have more fear about this than normal.

Of course you need to jump in at some time but I'm think imagine I hold to November I will be think a range upgrade is even more imminent.

Bugger,bugger, bugger.

I've not heard these rumors - not that that's necessarily the final word. Regardless of rumors - if you're looking for a MBP - go buy it now. The recent 'refresh' was such a step-function increase in capability that we likely won't see that kind of change again anytime soon. Certainly not this year or next, IMO. You can't go wrong with the current crop of MBPs.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD

Bugger,bugger, bugger.

If you need it buy it. If you don't, wait.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
The rumors I've heard have been (and actually what I expected) a MINOR bump in processor speed.

As Razormac said, if you need it.. buy it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.