Downloading video in Safari

Reaction score
Having trouble downloading videos (eg. youtube). Until several weeks ago I used to download videos - on this very same computer - trouble free by going into "Activity" in Safari and double clicking on the appropriate item. This would automatically start a download in my download folder. Now, instead of downloading when I do this, a brand new safari window opens up and begins to PLAY the video again WITHOUT a download. Can anyone help?

I would much prefer to do these downloads without downloading a separate program to do the downloading (eg. fastestyoutubedownloader). These have never worked consistently for me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 11,2 <--DAW!!!
...Until several weeks ago I used to download videos - on this very same computer - trouble free by going into "Activity" in Safari and double clicking on the appropriate item. This would automatically start a download in my download folder.

Which version of Safari are you using? I'm using Safari 5.1 on OS10.6.8 and I can still d/l vids by using "Activity".

OP
D
Reaction score
Thanks for responding. I too am using Safari 5.1 on OS10.6.8. Very strange.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 11,2 <--DAW!!!
Try using the Alt/Option key when you double click on file in Activity. I used to do that with older versions of Safari to get a video to d/l but not anymore.

OP
D
Reaction score
Thanks, but no luck. Absolutely nothing happens when I double-click while holding down alt/option.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.