Office 2011 14.1.3 update and Exchange 2010

Reaction score
Hi All

I just ran the 14.1.3 update on all my Macs. We are running an Exchange 2010 server.
The problem I am having is now every time the users launch Outlook they are prompted to "Verify Certificate"

"A secure connection cannot be established with the server exchange.xxx.local. Do you want to continue"

(where xxx is my local domain)

You click continue and now outlook forcing a change to the Microsoft Exchange server field to the local exchange box. EVERY TIME. This is fine inside the office but as soon as the users leave they cant get mail.
The server should be https://exchange.xxxx.com/exchange (our public OWA address where xxxx is our company)

I go into the preferences and change it back but every time Outlook is relaunched it reverts back to the local domain.

This only started happening since I applied the 14.1.3 update.

I checked the SSL certificate in Exchange and it is fine. Nothing has changed.

Any suggestions??

Thanks
Jeff

Reaction score
We have having the exact same issue. Users upgraded, and now we are getting the certificate warning.

It looks like for some reason, Outlook is reverting to the internal-only URL for our Exchange server. Ours is netmail.XXXX.com, and the internal is owa2.XXXX.local.

I wonder if it has something to do with the .local.

I know this only started happening with the new version.

Reaction score
Solution

Solution:

Okay we still aren't sure what changed, but it might have been that the old version was better and dealing with misconfiguration.

On our Exchange client access server (which may be the same as the mail box server for some people), we did not have a virtual services external URL setup, and the internal was set wrong. There was a couple of other settings wrong, so we fixed that.

I followed the instructions Here to get them set up right.

If that site is down, the commands are:

A. Client access server

1. Check the current configuration in Exchange Management Shell.

Get-ClientAccessServer | Select Name, *Internal* | fl

2. Define the new URL.

Set-ClientAccessServer –Identity <CAS Server Name> -AutoDiscoverServiceInternalUri: <Internal URL>

3.Execute step 1 again to validate the changes.

B. OAB

1. Go to Exchange Management Console->Server Configuration->Client Access.

2. Choose your Client Access Server.

3. Click Offline Address Book Distribution tab, and click Virtual Directory below.

4. Click Properties, and click on URLs.

5. Set the correct server.

(You can also use Set-OABVirtualDirectory in the Shell to do it)

A. Web Services

1. Check the current configuration in Exchange Management Shell.

Get-WebServicesVirtualDirectory | Select name, *url* | fl

2. Configure the Internal URL to use the new address.

Set-WebServicesVirtualDirectory –Identity “<EWS Name>” –InternalUrl: https://url.domain.local/EWS/Exchange.asmx

3. List the configuration of the Web Services Virtual Directory and check the new values.

Make sure to do both Internal and External.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.