How to play xbox 360 games on iMac

Reaction score
Hello I want to connect my xbox 360 to my iMac for the convenience of having everything in one spot. So is there any way I would be able to do that? Thanks

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I've moved your post to a more proper forum; please be sure to check the forum descriptions to find the best place to post.

By posting in the right forum you help people not only find your question faster, but it helps others looking for the same information in the future.

Thanks for understanding!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
I have done the same.

I purchased a Mini DisplayPort to HDMI cable (this cable here)

Hope this helped.

You say you've done this using a mini-dp to HDMI adaptor? AFAIK this adaptor is used to connect a device with a mini-displayport OUT to a display with HDMI IN. E.g. connecting a MacBook to a TV.

Don't wish to doubt you but I don't believe it's possible to use this sort of cable to connect an XBOX360 to an iMac. Happy to be corrected. In fact I hope you're right as it's a much cheaper solution than the one I'm aware of.

To my knowledge to do what the OP was asking requires:
- a 27" iMac pre-thunderbolt(only the 27" models have mini displayport IN)
- a convertor to convert HDMI to displayport (like this or this)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Member mrplow is correct. There is no way that I know of to be able to use the adapter you linked to. It's for output only.

Reaction score
you could do it with a tv tuner card. i have done it on a pc. quality sucked.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.