ibook no X11

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" iBook G4 Tiger 1GBx40GB
I just bought a brand new iBook and it comes with 2 CD's packed with os 10.4.2 & apps on them, rather than the Tiger DVD. X11 is not pre-installed, and on the mac download page it specifies that the version of X11 available there is only intended for 10.3.x, and indeed the install fails when I try it anyway. X11 is not listed as an application option on the 2 CD's, and I'm therefore left wondering, where am I supposed to get X11 for 10.4.x???

I'm a (very) recent mac user coming directly from 3 years on SuSE linux and KDE so while I'm not mac-proficient I'm not brainless.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
I have the upgrade disc, so I'm not sure, which disc you should look in.

Once the Tiger disc window is launched, scroll down to the middle System/Installation/Packages/X11User.pkg.

I hope that is it, because I went on a wild goose trying to chase down and find X11User.pkg and ended up running into many different X11User.pkg's that did me no good.

OP
canon
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" iBook G4 Tiger 1GBx40GB
That was it - I just had to pick the individual package rather than going through installer program from the disk's root. Thanks you.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
Glad you got it! :cool:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.