10.7 - Mission Control Question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM
After much fumbling with Mission Control, I've come to the conclusion that just one simple change could make it feel much less clumsy as a replacement for Exposé. And then I thought, "Hey, maybe there's a way to do this and I just don't know the keyboard shortcut." So here I am. Does someone know whether there is a keyboard shortcut/swipe/clicky pattern that will do the following:

- When just hovering over an application window cluster in Mission Control, using the shortcut will make the Mac jump into application-specific Exposé for that application

It would make going into a real Exposé-ified workflow from Mission Control a lot smoother - needing to jump out of Mission Control to normal view when I want to use application-specific Exposé just feels sloppy, and the up-scroll/outward finger explosion shortcut to spread out the windows just a smidgen isn't as helpful as Apple would like to think when the number of windows you're dealing with is large enough. Does anyone know if there is a way to do this that I'm overlooking? Thanks in advance.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
not sure if this is anything close to what you are after but...

If you are in Expose and you see say 5 safari windows all close together, if you spread your thumb and 3 fingers out they will separate so you can see the individual windows of the app easily.

4 Fingers scrolling down will put it in App Specific Expose. You probably know that. You want to do that while in MC. Only thing close is what I posted above. For me it's enough so I can see the separate windows of an app and know which one I want.

OP
Discerptor
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM
Unfortunately, as I mentioned in the OP, the four finger explosion isn't really cutting it for me when the number of windows in the cluster is large enough. I should probably put in a feature request. Mission Control as a concept would work better with this since it'd mean being able to exercise all the window management options right from that screen...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.