My messages being deleted after I send them

Reaction score
I just responded to an email in Mail and the message disappeared from my inbox after I sent the response. I looked in the trash and it wasn't in there either.
Also, I cannot find the message I sent. I've looked in all my files, and even used the search bar to find them.
While I was typing my message, I saved the draft a few times too.
All the items seemed to have disappeared. I would like to know where they are, or even if my message sent.

If you have any pointers, let me know!

P.S. I have a mac with the most recent Lion update. My mail is through Yahoo!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
While in Yahoo mail, click Options at the top, select Mail Options.

Under General, make sure "Save a copy of the message in the Sent folder" is checked.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
If you read his message closely, he seems to be using OSX's Mail and Not the Yahoo mail on the web. I could be wrong but that is how I took the first couple of sentences.

OP
K
Reaction score
I am using OSX mail. It's very puzzling because this just recently began doing this.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I have a feeling your Mailbox's or Mails pList file are corrupted. Never had your issue happen before but am sure someone else did a long time ago. Will see what I can find.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
If you read his message closely, he seems to be using OSX's Mail and Not the Yahoo mail on the web. I could be wrong but that is how I took the first couple of sentences.

Darn, I missed that. And I thought I had it nailed due to having a Yahoo account. But, isn't there a similar setting in Mail? (I don't use it.) Perhaps it got reset by mistake.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I went through all the Mail preferences and do not see any setting that would affect the OP like that. I might have missed something.

OP
K
Reaction score
Okay, thanks for your help. I will continue to look around through Mail. If I find anything or it happens again, I'll report back.

Thanks again for taking some time away to help me!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.