Apple releases 10.3.1 Update

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
The 10.3.1 Update delivers enhanced functionality and improved reliability for the following applications, services and technologies: FileVault, Printing, WebDav, and FireWire 800 drives. This update also includes the latest Security Updates.

Important Note: Apple has identified an issue with external FireWire hard drives using the Oxford 922 bridge chip-set with firmware version 1.02 that can result in the loss of data stored on the disk drive. Even with the improvements available in this update, Apple recommends you update the firmware on your FireWire drive. Please contact your drive manufacturer for more information.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
any improvements? I havn't had a chance to use it, because my idiot roommate is well... he has a girl in his my room.. which is a huge surprise, because he always comes off as really gay (as in not straight) and quite dumb.. but after a short convo with this girl its understandable. Oh, well I suppose that belongs in the pit :D

So far what Ive seen is it took like 2 min before OSX actually restarted itself redy for use after I installed it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5•2x1.8•1.5•320•8x+/-
Mac OS 10.3.1 Update

Available via Software Update.

The 10.3.1 Update delivers enhanced functionality and improved reliability for the following applications, services and technologies: FileVault, Printing, WebDav, and FireWire 800 drives. This update also includes the latest Security Updates.

Important Note: Apple has identified an issue with external FireWire hard drives using the Oxford 922 bridge chip-set with firmware version 1.02 that can result in the loss of data stored on the disk drive. Even with the improvements available in this update, Apple recommends you update the firmware on your FireWire drive. Please contact your drive manufacturer for more information.

1.3 MB. Restart Required.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
i havent noticed a thing yet and i havent tried filevault yet. i had it enabled when i first upgraded to panther but disabled it after i was having some troubles with my settings being constantly reverted

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.