It's Alive!! (sort of)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 FrankenMac, based on A1181. Parted together from 3 macbooks.
I just completed parting together a macbook by using parts from several others. I lovingly refer to it as FrankenMac. It is operational aside from lacking a battery and needing the optical drive replaced. I can address those once I have the time to dissect another macbook but that is not why I am here. The hard drive I am using came out of a macbook pro from a friend and I would like to reload the os so it is a clean install. Sadly I do not have the discs and couldn't use them if I did (dead cd drive lol) I was wondering if there is a way to create a usb restore disc from the current os load that I could use to wipe and reload the system. It is currently running 10.5.8. I have looked around but I have only found results for snow leopard and lion thus far.
Any help or pointers would be great!

Thanks, D.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Currently 13" Late 2010 MBA, 4GB/128GB; Early 2011 13" MBP, dual core i7 2.7ghz, 4gb ram, 500gb hd
If a full restore isn't required, you can simply create a new Administrator account for yourself and delete your friend's account. The apps stay in place, but all his personal data and preferences are gone.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 FrankenMac, based on A1181. Parted together from 3 macbooks.
I have already made a new admin account but I would prefer a full wipe and load.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.