Safari Reinstall / SL [Lost images on Version 5.1 (6534.50)]

Reaction score
Hey I noticed that Safari will not show images. My preferences have not been changed, and seem to be set properly. Everything else seems fine and alternate browsers work well on the same websites.

So I was thinking about reinstalling just Safari. Unless there are some other suggestions?

If it is the best way to get images displayed again, how would I do a Safari reinstall...download it, use my SL disc?

Thank you.

OP
S
Reaction score
This I tried, no dice:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3137111?start=0&tstart=0

>>>First delete safari's cache file ~/Library/Caches/com.apple.safari you will probably have to do a secure empty

Next delete the preference file ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.safari.plist make sure that safari is quit before you move this file.

Disable plugins Safari > Preferences > Security > uncheck enable plug-ins. Quit safari and relaunch.<<<

OP
S
Reaction score
Okay…I can now get images back in Safari…by turning Extensions OFF.

If I turn them back on, the images vanish again.

So I guess I will track down which Extensions are the problem (and remove/reload), or if it is a global thing for all of them.

Any ideas?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.