Problem with dual-booting Win 7

Reaction score
Ok. Here is my problem.... I have successful install windows 7 on my mac mini and I have a small problem... First of all, I have use the following link (tutorial)http://www.simplehelp.net/2009/01/15/using-boot-camp-to-install-windows-7-on-your-mac-the-complete-walkthrough/ and I have done the installation without any errors or problems... My serious problem is that, It's boot only windows 7..... It's seams that the boot Camp isn't works correctly... I have try command bottom and option bottom at the beginning but nothing... It's appears a white display ( without any option to select ) and after 2-3 seconds it's boot on windows 7... Any ideas???

Thank you in advance!!!!!!!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Moved to proper forum and edited title for clarity.

If you hold down the Option key when rebooting, are you able to see your MacIntosh HD along with the Windows 7 partition? Also, can you tell us which version of OS X you're running?

If you are unable to see your MacIntosh HD when you hold down the Option key, there is a possibility that you may have overwritten your OS X partition when you installed Windows 7.

Also, try resetting the PRAM before doing anything else. See this LINK.

OP
P
Reaction score
well it's seams like the option key isn't works since, when I am trying to resetting the PRAM isn't respond as the link that you prefer.. Also I think is not possible to overwritten my OS X partition since I have full access on my mac mini files from windows 7... I really don't remember my OS X version, for sure it's 10.**.** but I don't remember the full version if there is any way to find out through windows let me know... Thank you for your fast reply!!!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Are you sure you can boot to OS X? Reboot the machine and as soon as you hear the chime (bong) hold down the Option key and keep holding it until a large icon of the MacIntosh HD and Windows 7 appears. Move the arrow to the MacIntosh HD icon and press enter.

Let us know if that works.

OP
P
Reaction score
Ok. The problem almost solved.. I have go on control panel -> boot camp on windows 7 and select to boot from mac os, ( as primary ) mac os boot fine without any problem... At the end it's seems like the problem is my option key... If someone was the same problem or knows how to fixed that please let me know.. Also my mac os version is 10.6.8

Thank you in advance!!!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm glad to hear you figured it out. However, it's strange that your Option key is not working? What kind of keyboard are you using with the Mac Mini? Is it an Apple keyboard or another type?

OP
P
Reaction score
Well I am using Logitech G15 but I have also try one old Microsoft but isn't works ....

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I thought maybe you were not using an Apple keyboard. And that's the reason your "Option" key is not working. The "Option" key on a non Apple keyboard is actually the "Alt" key. The "Alt" key on a non Apple keyboard does not work to boot the machine. You need a genuine Apple keyboard. This by the way, is a known problem.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.