how to bypass sign in screen in lion ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mbp 15 2009, mbp 13 2010
as i turn on my mac book pro with lion, first screen wants me to sign in with password, how to bypass this ?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
as i turn on my mac book pro with lion, first screen wants me to sign in with password, how to bypass this ?

Whenever someone asks how they can bypass a security feature...I get suspicious. Maybe you could explain things with a little more detail, as to what you're trying to do, and why you want/need to do it.

Thanks,

- Nick

OP
Y
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mbp 15 2009, mbp 13 2010
Whenever someone asks how they can bypass a security feature...I get suspicious. Maybe you could explain things with a little more detail, as to what you're trying to do, and why you want/need to do it.

Thanks,

- Nick
Just do not want to get extra screen to work with, this macbook is at home at all times .

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
System Preferences > Users & Groups > Login Options > change "Automatic login" to "On." You may have to authenticate by clicking the lock in the bottom left hand corner to make this change.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Just do not want to get extra screen to work with, this macbook is at home at all times .

The only time you should have to deal with this screen (depending on your security settings) is when you restart/reboot your computer.

I probably restart/reboot my MacBook Pro once every 2-3 weeks (sometimes more frequently)...so I'm only faced with this password login screen once every 2-3 weeks...which I don't find to be too much of a hassle.

I know that you mentioned that this computer is at home at all times...but there is the possibility that this computer may leave your home in the future...and if something "nasty" were to happen...you might be VERY thankful that the login password feature is in place.:)

- Nick

OP
Y
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mbp 15 2009, mbp 13 2010
System Preferences > Users & Groups > Login Options > change "Automatic login" to "On." You may have to authenticate by clicking the lock in the bottom left hand corner to make this change.

It worked, thanks.

OP
Y
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mbp 15 2009, mbp 13 2010
The only time you should have to deal with this screen (depending on your security settings) is when you restart/reboot your computer.

I probably restart/reboot my MacBook Pro once every 2-3 weeks (sometimes more frequently)...so I'm only faced with this password login screen once every 2-3 weeks...which I don't find to be too much of a hassle.

I know that you mentioned that this computer is at home at all times...but there is the possibility that this computer may leave your home in the future...and if something "nasty" were to happen...you might be VERY thankful that the login password feature is in place.:)

- Nick
Your logic is very true, yet time come to take the mbp out, then set the login screen back, a piece of cake.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Your logic is very true, yet time come to take the mbp out, then set the login screen back, a piece of cake.

Ok...sounds like a plan...don't forget!;)

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.