Virtual PC for Mac OSX Able to cope with MMORPG Games?

F

Frozen Flame

Well, I own a PowerMac G4. Love macs, always have and always will. Only downside is so many things(at least I got my eye on) work on windows only. One of my most biggest irks is most MMORPGs being for Windows only.

I thought, maybe I could try getting Virtual PC(The Windows Emulator for mac), and I could run an MMORPG Game on my mac. But I have some doubts. I'm not sure if Virtual PC can support a big system like an Online Game, I know it can support windows files/applications, but will it work for games also? Anyone have any experience or info on Windows Emulators for Mac that can support Big Online Games?

OP
S

sursuciofla

Better off with a Gaming machine for that. Too bad that is only Winblows. Maybe Intel will make this better in the future.

OP
F

Frozen Flame

I would get a gaming machine, but next year I'll be getting a car so I don't have the spare cash to get something like an Alienware :0

Too bad, that MMORPG looked worthwhile too. Guess I gotta stick to FFXI PS2 or Warcraft 3 heh. Thanks

OP
A

AlexN

Frozen Flame said:
One of my most biggest irks is most MMORPGs being for Windows only.

Good news for you: The best MMORPG in my opinion, World of Warcraft, works with Macs right out of the box.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.4Ghz Black 4GB;iPod Touch 8GB;iPod mini 4GB silver;Logitech MX1000;
wow is really rad,
macsoftgames.com makes many good mac games(formerly only for pc now rewritten to run on the mac)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.