Black Macbook battery is ill!

Reaction score
Hei!
My mac is ill:'(
I have black macbook from 2008, I know it is old but I can use to what I need and I love it but I have got a battery problem and I need to decide if the best solution is to change the battery or buy a new black mac?
Well, The battery is not working. If my MAC is unplug from the electricity it does not work.

So the reasonable is that the battery is not working well, but what should I do?
It is better just to change the battery or it will happen again because my MAC is old?

I like my little BLACK MAC, it is sweet and cool. I love the black colour but if he will die again soon it seems reasonable to get a new one.
Any suggestion? Experience?
A worry Mac mammy
Karen

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" 2.5 Ghz i5 with 16GB of RAM and a 1TB SSD.
They do not make black macs anymore. So, if you were to buy another one, it'd be a used mac from the same time period. Batteries are easily replaced and your computer shouldn't require any more power than it did when you originally bought it unless you modified it in some way. So, your best bet would be to buy a new battery. Such as this one:

Amazon.com: Apple MA566LL/A Macbook Battery 13" Black Rechargeable: Electronics

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Do you throw away your TV remote, mouse, keyboard, flashlight, clocks, watches, your toys when you were a kid, etc. when the battery dies or do you put a new battery in them?

I'd recommend this one.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.