My Mac Applications keep coming back to the old settings after restart

Reaction score
Hi every one
I noticed this problem a few days ago, it started with sharing preferences at system preferences, I check out bluetooth sharing, but I noticed that after quitting system preferences and opening it back the Bluetooth sharing came back again checked.
Then firebox browser: whenever I start it, it keeps opening the same tabs that I was opening a few days back, even i close it one by one and quit firefox then opening it back again, the same tabs keep open back.
The dock items: whenever i delete or change the position of any icon it will come back to the same after restart.
If any one has this problem solved please let me know, it is really frustrating me
thank you

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Without any information about your system and which operating system you're currently running, it's difficult to answer your question. Help us to help you.

OP
K
Reaction score
System information

Without any information about your system and which operating system you're currently running, it's difficult to answer your question. Help us to help you.

Sorry to not mention it.

My system information is:

I have MacBook Pro 17"

Mac OS version 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard)

Processor: 2.16 GHz Intel Core Duo

OP
K
Reaction score
I want to address a problem I have on my macbook pro which i try very hard to solve it but i couldn't find a solution to it on any web site or any apple discussion page.

I have macbook pro with a processor 2.16 Ghz Intel Core Duo, running system version 10.6.8, "i can't install lion 10.7 because i have processor 2.16 Ghz Intel Core Duo

The problem is that when i try to install mysql throw terminal i think i did a wrong command or something happened that mac my mac goes crazy, every thing I change in system preferences like switch bluetooth sharing off and then quit system preferences and open it again i will find that bluetooth sharing at sharing preferences comes back again and so on on all the preferences and also whenever i start my browser "firefox" it opens all the old tabs i open before even i close it one by one then i quit firefox and when i launch it again all old tabs comes back again, even my dock, what ever i change with icons it comes back again after restart.

And when I try to create database in Mysql from terminal I got an error, but that is maybe another problem or the same, I don't really know

This might be a small or big problem i have done with terminal, please if you can guide me to the solution for it or if you can address me to a website that can solve my problem i will be very thankful to you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Mac Book Pro 2.66 GHz Intel Core i7, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Mac OS X Lion. iPad 2
Applications keep launching after a reboot on my Macbook pro.

Hi every one
I noticed this problem a few days ago, it started with sharing preferences at system preferences, I check out bluetooth sharing, but I noticed that after quitting system preferences and opening it back the Bluetooth sharing came back again checked.
Then firebox browser: whenever I start it, it keeps opening the same tabs that I was opening a few days back, even i close it one by one and quit firefox then opening it back again, the same tabs keep open back.
The dock items: whenever i delete or change the position of any icon it will come back to the same after restart.
If any one has this problem solved please let me know, it is really frustrating me
thank you

Hi, have you been able to resolve this problem? Please share if you have. I seem to be having the same issue and it is so frustrating. I am quite new to Apple products and to be honest , i'm not getting the 'great experience' people go on about.
My Macbook Pro seems to have taken a snapshot of my session from 29th Sept 2011 and each time I reboot, it goes back to the settings at that point. It loads the applications I had open at the time namely:
-Parallels Desktop
-Text Wrangler
-Preview
-Safari
I can tell because all the history in my safari keeps referring to that day as the last browsing session. all the browsing i've done since then is not saved as history at all. Also all the items i removed from the dock keep coming back after a reboot.

I have tried everything. Deleted the content of the 'Saved Application State' folder to clear down any of the saved sessions from the new Lion OSX Resume Feature, checked the log-in items for my user account in System preferences(empty). Nothing seems to work, IT just goes back to that point after every reboot and it is most frustrating.

I've checked dozens of forums with no luck. I called apple support and they tried to resolve it via a remote session with no progress. now it has been escalated to the OS X Lion dev team.

Can anybody please help!!!!?!?!?

From a very frustrated new user who is trying to see the value in using a Mac. Please Help if you can.

Oh yes before I forget, my Specs
Mac Book Pro 2.66 GHz Intel Core i7, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Mac OS X Lion.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.