which macbook pro 15" to buy (I use pro tools and final cut)

Reaction score
hi!

I don´t know much about computers except for the basic necessities... hence my asking for advice.

I am about to buy a new macbook pro. However, I can´t estimate which of the 15" is makes most sense for me to buy.

Let me first note that I´m a somewhat poor person (artist ;)) so for example those extra €300 for the better 15" is a significant sum of money. unfortunately...but then, endurance is also an issue, since I will most likely have to keep this new laptop for at least 4 years.

Most importantly though, I will be using a lot of Pro Tools and Final Cut Pro, with projects of proper size.
So my question is really, do you think that the extras on the better 15" make SO much difference for these purposes that you´d say it´s worth the financial pain??

thanks for your advice!!

( oh, I´m looking forward to my new darling ;))

jj

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I would say you need the top of the line 15" MBP - at least the most MBP that you can afford. Keep in mind that memory and the hard drive are easy do it yourself upgrades. However, the CPU and graphics card is what you buy is what you have to live with as they can not be upgraded. So make sure you buy the best of both that you can reasonably afford.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.