iMac Software Query

Reaction score
Ok guys, I ordered my 27inch iMac. Now I know I can simply use my external hard drive and Time machine to simply use move the content of my MacBook onto it, but I have a lot of crap on my MacBook I don't want. So here are my questions, any help would be great.

As I have all original software discs for Aperture 2 plus upgrade to 3, iWork 09 etc. Am I able to install them from disc onto my new iMac as there is no serial numbers from memory?

Also, I moved some movies from my iTunes folder onto a normal external hard drive, in order for them to work on my iMac, do I need to put them back onto my MacBook and reauthorize the account and then install them on my iMac and reauthorize it?

Although I had my MacBook 3 years nearly, I am a newbie at having a second machine and transferring software etc. I might just sell my MacBook after I move all the software over as my iPad2 will cover me for travel purposes.

Thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.