setting up resolution to 120 Hz on my 2 mac mini

Reaction score
Hello Mac masters,

I have 2 mac mini with following configuration.

1. Model No. A1347 (Old)
2.66 GHz Intel core 2 duo processor,
3 MB shared L2 cache,
4 GB RAM,
2 500 GB sata hard drive,
Nvidia Geforce 320M graphics processor with 256 MB of DDR3 SDRAM
Mini display port, HDMI, and HDMI to DVI adapter, etc

2. Model No. A1347 (New 2011)
2.5 GHz dual core Intel core i5 processor,
3 MB shared L2 cache,
4 GB RAM,
1 500 GB sata hard drive,
AMD Radeon HD 6630M graphics processor with 256 MB of DDR5 SDRAM
Mini display port, HDMI, and HDMI to DVI adapter, etc

I want to use them for stereoscopic 3d video play back. I have a 3d projector and Bino installed and running in both mac mini. But I am not able to set any of them to 120Hz refresh rate under mac system preference- display.
As I am not from Mac background I am not sure if there is any other way to do so or why i am not able to do so. Please masters let me know the possible ways, as I am in real need of it.

Help a new comer switching to Mac.
Rahuxx;D

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You can only set the refresh rate to what the graphics card driver will allow. Does the 3D projector support a refresh of 120 Hz?

OP
R
Reaction score
Yes my projector supports 120 Hz and i am doing stereoscopic 3d in windows.
As far as i know and understand if display supports 120 Hz, graphic card drivers do not force it to stay at 60, nothing to do with 120 Hz and graphics card.

And if you think it has to do something with it hen i would like to request Apple or mac developers to make something that helps to bring stereoscopic 3d to mac community.:Blushing:

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Indirectly it does have to do with the graphics ability of the GPU. It's likely that your Mac and graphics card does not know how to handle the projector and sets it at the 60 Hz standard.

And if you think it has to do something with it hen i would like to request Apple or mac developers to make something that helps to bring stereoscopic 3d to mac community.

It's not what I or anyone here think. This is an independent forum which has no official association with Apple. You can always contact Apple directly with any suggestions that you may have.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.