Toast problem or Drive problem?????

M

Montehall

Help I really need some advice. I recieved a gift a couple of years ago of a new PioneerDVD-A05U drive for some favours rendered. I am using a G4 sawtooth upgraded to 1.2 GHz with 2 MB L3 Cache and 768 MB SDRAM running System 10.4.2.

About this Mac gives the following drive info:

PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-105:

Firmware Revision: 1.30
Interconnect: ATAPI
Burn Support: Yes (Apple Shipped/Supported)
Cache: 2000 KB
Reads DVD: Yes
CD-Write: -R, -RW
DVD-Write: -R, -RW
Burn Underrun Protection CD: Yes
Burn Underrun Protection DVD: Yes
Write Strategies: CD-TAO, CD-SAO, CD-Raw, DVD-DAO
Media: No

The problem is the drive gives me grief with Toast I have several versions installed but the result is the same no matter the version used. Toast will write the whole disk and it goes to write the lead in/ lead out it comes up with the message That " The drive reported an error:
Sense Key = ILLEGAL REQUEST
Dense Code 0x72, 0x03
SESSION FIXATION ERROR - INCOMPLETE TRACK IN SESSION

Not sure what this really means other than the fact that the the disk is junk.

Disk utility works writing disks fine as well so does Firestarter FX though both have many limitations. So the problem is not the disks being used though I have tried numerous brands. Until recently I was able to use Roxio Toast Titanium 5.2.1 but recently it has started giving me the same message. I have tried updating the drives firmware that makes no difference. System Preferences reconizes the drive as a PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-105 apple drive.

I would apprecite any advice as this has me buffaloed. HELP! :blind: :blind:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3
Get the latest updates from the Roxio web site.

and

are out.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.